The Skyway Epic is Saturday April 7th 2018
Onsite registration will be open on Friday night at the race site (Lake Howard) 5-8pm.
Race morning registration will be open from 6am-8:00am (Closes at 6:30am for the 100 mile. Please pre-reg if doing the 100!)
100 and 200 mile races start at 7:00am and the 60 mile option begins at 9:00am.
The majority of this race takes place on forest service roads and jeep trail which are OPEN TO TRAFFIC. Use your head when bombing into a blind corner. All of these roads are two way race traffic as well, keep that in mind. While there is no yellow line, act like there is.
There will be food, beverages by Oskar Blues and podiums after the race. The food and beverages are for racers and volunteers only.
- The aid stations will be different this year from past years. Plan accordingly.
- There will be (2) aid stations on the 60 mile course and (3) on the 100 mile course. They will be stocked with cokes, cold water, Heed, Hammer gel, and bananas. The Heed will not be premixed.
- There will be no tools or supplies at aid stations. You are required to be mechanically self sufficient.
100 mile race time cuts
- There is a 12 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 100 mile race.
- Aid Station #3 1:00pm
- Aid Station #2- 3:30pm
- Aid Station #1- 5:30pm (must have head and tail lights to leave Aid Station #1 after 5:00pm)
- Finish- 7:00pm
Drop Bags- 1 Gallon Bags only!
- 60 Mile- You are allowed (1) one gallon drop bag for the 60 mile option. The drop bags will be at the turn around (Aid Station #2). These must be turned in by 8:30am the morning of the race.
- 100 Mile- You are allowed (2) one gallon drops bags for the 100 mile option. The drop bags will be at Aid Station #1and Aid Station #3 (100 turn around). If you think you may need lights (see time cuts above) send them to Aid Station #1 at Bull's Gap. Drop bags must be turned in at 6:30am the morning of the race.